I love a pumpkin soup, especially one that has been spiced-up with a curry paste, or a great spice combination. This soup has been enhanced with one of the Screaming Seeds spice combos called Kashmiri Krush:
Exotic & aromatic, sweet & sensuous, fragrant & full flavoured
Coriander Seeds,Cumin Seeds, Black Mustard Seeds, Garlic, Tumeric, Fennel Seeds, Chilli, Cardamon Seeds, Cassia, Sea Salt
For Screaming Seeds stockists in Australia CLICK HERE, alternatively you can buy online.
Here’s the recipe…
Spiced up pumpkin soup
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 leek (or onion)
3 cloves of garlic
4 teaspoons of screaming seeds Kashmiri Krush
3 sweet potatoes (in large cubes)
1 butternut pumpkin (in large cubes)
1 large potato (in large cubes)
Chicken stock (up to 2 litres)
Parsley or coriander to garnish
- Saute leek (or onion) and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until soft.
- Add the Kashmiri Krush and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed vegetables and cook for 10 minutes (allowing to sweat).
- Add the chicken stock (enough to cover the vegetables by 1-2cm)
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of cream and some chopped parsley or coriander.
‘Like’ me on facebook for blog updates…
Tell me what you think…