I love a pumpkin soup, especially one that has been spiced-up with a curry paste, or a great spice combination. This soup has been enhanced with one of the Screaming Seeds spice combos called Kashmiri Krush:
Exotic & aromatic, sweet & sensuous, fragrant & full flavoured
Coriander Seeds,Cumin Seeds, Black Mustard Seeds, Garlic, Tumeric, Fennel Seeds, Chilli, Cardamon Seeds, Cassia, Sea Salt
Here’s the recipe…
Spiced up pumpkin soup
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 leek (or onion)
3 cloves of garlic
4 teaspoons of screaming seeds Kashmiri Krush
3 sweet potatoes (in large cubes)
1 butternut pumpkin (in large cubes)
1 large potato (in large cubes)
Chicken stock (up to 2 litres)
Parsley or coriander to garnish
- Saute leek (or onion) and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until soft.
- Add the Kashmiri Krush and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cubed vegetables and cook for 10 minutes (allowing to sweat).
- Add the chicken stock (enough to cover the vegetables by 1-2cm)
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of cream and some chopped parsley or coriander.
‘Like’ me on facebook for blog updates…