I’m coming to end of week three on a very strict 30 day Paleo regime. Firstly, I’m loving it, and starting to feel the benefits of eating such clean food. But finding your favourite meal options can be a little challenging at first.
I struggled a little with breakfast alternatives, until I discovered Chia pudding. This version has been my favourite (and saviour) so far. It’s easy-as to make, provides breaky for 2 days, and tastes ridiculously good.
I wasn’t sure about the addition of lemon, but without a doubt it’s what makes it. Provides a fresh zing that wakes you up first thing!
Raspberry Chia Pudding
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup almond mylk… (or soy, cows or coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp honey (or I used maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I use a good quality organic vanilla paste)
- the juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
What to do…
- In your food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients (except chia seeds) and process until smooth. Add the chia seeds and mix together.
- Pour mixture into one large bowl, two bowls or jars.
- Cover or put the lid on and let it rest for about 1 hour, shake/stir again and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight.
I tried getting away with not sharing this with my kids, but the striking pink colour had them asking for a taste first time! Who am I to complain if they want to eat chia pudding, as long as they leave enough for me!
You can try this recipe with any other fruit, I chose berries as they are preferred on a Paleo diet.
Tell me what you think…