Last week I made the mistake of mentioning at a BBQ that it had almond butter in it – instantly one of the guys there said he will pass. Best they don’t know what’s in there or they will assume it won’t taste good. It did mean more for everyone else, so we didn’t insist he try it!
1 cup almond spread/butter (I made my own following this recipe)
1/3 cup maple syrup or rice bran syrup or agave
1 tsp vanilla (good quality paste is great!)
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond spread/butter, maple syrup, egg, melted coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Line a 9 inch baking tin with greaseproof paper. Spread half the raspberries across the bottom of the tin. (I have recently acquired a silicon slice mould – in LOVE!)
- Pour (I say pour, but really you are spooning, as it can be quite think!) the batter into the tin, then press the remaining raspberries into the batter so they can still be seen.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, (depending on your oven) until the brownie is done, but still soft in the middle.
NOTE: Always cook it for less than you think you need to… my best result, with the best gooiset centre was when I thought it was really undercooked.